Employment at Wardman Wines
Looking for a new (or side) gig? Do you have a passion for fine wine, craft beer, or artisanal spirits? We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual who is excited about sharing their knowledge and love of wine, beer, or spirits with our customers!
We have an immediate opening for a part-time Sales Associate position that has the potential to grow into a full-time position. Although an ideal candidate will have experience in retail sales/management, a demonstrable passion for working in the wine/beer/spirits industry is the most important qualification. This is an entry-level position that starts at $17/hour with significant opportunity to grow with the company, and includes a generous employee discount.
Essential Day-to-Day Functions Include (but are not limited to!):
- Opening and closing the store.
- Knowing and following cleanliness, security, and safety procedures.
- Engaging in customer relations and recommending products for customers.
- Maintaining, organizing, and restocking inventory.
- Becoming knowledgeable about our featured products, producers, and regions.
- Expanding knowledge of food and product pairings for customers.
- Maintaining and updating product notes for shelf talkers and tasting sheets.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Hard working, reliable, flexible, team-oriented, and communicative.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Stand for extended periods, lift and carry loads of 40+ lbs.
- Aptitude with word processing, spreadsheet, and web-based storage software.
- Ability to represent the company effectively and professionally in public.
- Most of all, interest in learning about wine – from the vines all the way to the consumer's glass.
- Experience working in the wine/beer/spirits industry or retail sales.
- Eagerness and ability to foster communication and relationships with the neighborhood.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Ability to obtain ABRA certification as an alcohol manager in DC. Further info at: (https://abra.dc.gov/service/apply-abc-manager-license).
If interested in this position, please submit a resume and brief statement (no more than a page) about your passions in the beverage industry, and why you would like to work with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wardman Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.